Subscribe online for mybusiness
My Business contains fresh,
easy-to-read articles, money-making
tips and expert advice.
Sign up for our E Newsletter
Our free, weekly newsletter brings you the best of this site, plus giveaways and other fun. Sign-up now and receive every digital edition in 2014 of My Business FOR FREE!
2014 My Business Awards: Categories
ABOUT | CATEGORIES | JUDGING CRITERIA | HOW TO ENTER | AWARDS NIGHT | SPONSORSHIP | PREVIOUS WINNERS | GALLERY
Award for Outstanding Excellence
This award will be chosen from among the winners of the other categories.
Award for Best Small Business
The Best Small Business will need to demonstrate innovation, growth and entrepreneurial flair, in a business with between one and 19 full-time equivalent employees.
Award for Best Medium Business
The Best Medium Business will need to demonstrate innovation, growth and entrepreneurial flair, in a business with between 20 and 199 full-time equivalent employees.
Award for Best use of Technology
The Best use of Technology award will go to the business that can best show how technology improves its business efficiency while delighting customers.
Award for Best Start-up Business
For new businesses, the Best Start-up category will celebrate the best beginners, based on creativity, growth and overall business execution.
Award for Women in Business
The popular Women in Business category will celebrate the outstanding contribution women make in running a successful business.
Award for Best Business Leader
The Best Business Leader will be an entrepreneur or manager who has demonstrated outstanding leadership that has measurably improved the business they work at or own.
Award for Best Employer
This category will reward an organisation that makes the most significant investment in people, as shown by the business outcomes those investments produce.
Award for Best Growth Strategy
This category celebrates the success of a business’s plans and strategies, by measuring the results generated by new strategic initiatives. Winner selection will be based on innovation and results.
Government news for business
To get on top of the threat, click here to access a Symantec.cloud White Paper and discover:
- The top 6 security trends SMBs need to protect yourselves against
- A Security Essentials checklist - the essential security controls required to cover these threats
- How Cloud Security services can offer significant benefits in security your business
Most popular stories
- Interview: Ruslan Kogan on social media, entrepreneurship and how startups can succeed
- 2014 My Business Awards: How to Enter
- My Business iPad and iPhone app now has four issues free!
- Announcement: Finalists in the 2011 ActionCOACH My Business Awards
- Facebook launches Small Business Accelerator Program