Subscribe online for mybusiness
My Business contains fresh,
easy-to-read articles, money-making
tips and expert advice.
Sign up for our E Newsletter
Our free, weekly newsletter brings you the best of this site, plus giveaways and other fun. Sign-up now and receive a free digital edition of My Business.
It pays to be positive: An Aussies’ success in Greece
Category: Case Studies
Story by "Justin Grey" | June 8, 2012, 7:32 AM
Unless you live under the most isolated of rocks and only emerge when nature calls, you would’ve heard plenty of recent comment about the dire economic state of Greece.
But here’s a real-life account from Melbourne-based Graham Jessiman, an Aussie SME owner who does business with a Greek company. Jessiman is the local distributor for Wellaby's, a Greek company that makes gluten free snacks and crackers
“Despite the daily headlines of doom and gloom emanating from Greece, they have had no effect on the business relationship.
It’s business as usual. Wellaby’s is a well organised and forward thinking family company, which is great as we have had no disruption to our commitment to supply product to Coles and other major supermarket groups.
Wellaby’s and my office work very closely together – our business transactions are a very open and transparent relationship, which works well for both of us. We understand each other's business environment, challenges and opportunities. It pays to be positive.”
The key take away from Jessiman’s story for fellow SME owners is those last five words – “it pays to be positive”. It’s easy for business owners to start kicking and screaming when there’s so much “doom and gloom” talk in the mainstream media, as there is today. But there are always opportunities out there for those with a keen eye, a steely resolve and acute business acumen. Is that you?
Follow @mybusinessau on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Register now to receive the FREE weekly My Business Headlines e-newsletter, which every Tuesday morning delivers all the latest news for SMEs straight to your inbox.
Government news for business
To get on top of the threat, click here to access a Symantec.cloud White Paper and discover:
- The top 6 security trends SMBs need to protect yourselves against
- A Security Essentials checklist - the essential security controls required to cover these threats
- How Cloud Security services can offer significant benefits in security your business
Most popular stories
- Interview: Ruslan Kogan on social media, entrepreneurship and how startups can succeed
- My Business iPad and iPhone app now has four issues free!
- Announcement: Finalists in the 2011 ActionCOACH My Business Awards
- Facebook launches Small Business Accelerator Program
- 2013 ActionCOACH My Business Awards: How to Enter