Subscribe online for mybusiness
My Business contains fresh,
easy-to-read articles, money-making
tips and expert advice.
Sign up for our E Newsletter
Our free, weekly newsletter brings you the best of this site, plus giveaways and other fun. Sign-up now and receive every digital edition in 2014 of My Business FOR FREE!
ATO releases GST video tips for small business owners
Category: MyBusiness TV
Story by "Justin Grey" | September 11, 2012, 6:43 AM
The Australian Taxation Office has released three GST video tips that it says will help small business owners understand what they need to do with the Goods and Services Tax, how to do it to, and how to better meet their tax obligations.
Each of the three videos focuses on a specific question: How to keep your records for GST; Completing your BAS; and Lodging your BAS on time.With 10 per cent of Aussie invoices including incorrectly calculated GST, the timing of theses GST tips from the ATO couldn't have been better. You can check each of them out below:
Follow @mybusinessau on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Register now to receive the FREE weekly My Business Headlines e-newsletter, which every Tuesday morning delivers all the latest news for SMEs straight to your inbox. Find out why you should join the SME Association of Australia.
Government news for business
To get on top of the threat, click here to access a Symantec.cloud White Paper and discover:
- The top 6 security trends SMBs need to protect yourselves against
- A Security Essentials checklist - the essential security controls required to cover these threats
- How Cloud Security services can offer significant benefits in security your business
Most popular stories
- Interview: Ruslan Kogan on social media, entrepreneurship and how startups can succeed
- My Business iPad and iPhone app now has four issues free!
- Announcement: Finalists in the 2011 ActionCOACH My Business Awards
- Facebook launches Small Business Accelerator Program
- 2013 ActionCOACH My Business Awards