Subscribe online for mybusiness
My Business contains fresh,
easy-to-read articles, money-making
tips and expert advice.
Sign up for our E Newsletter
Our free, weekly newsletter brings you the best of this site, plus giveaways and other fun. Sign-up now and receive every digital edition in 2014 of My Business FOR FREE!
Building, construction, architecture & design SMEs slow social media adopters
The survey, conducted recently by Infolink.com.au and involving more than 1,126 businesses, found that 36 per cent of businesses are not sure how to use social media to engage their market. The survey also revealed that 72 per cent of businesses in these industries know having a strategy for social media is important but are unsure how to create such strategies to engage their followers.
“Businesses understand that social media is an integral part of building their brand online and an excellent tool to engage and converse with their target audiences, however they don’t know how to use it to achieve this goal,” Chris Mottershead, Account Manager for Infolink.com.au, says.
Additionally, nearly all businesses surveyed agreed having a website is important for businesses in their industry, yet one fifth still don’t have a website. When asked about what social media channels they use, 38 per cent said they have a Facebook page while 37 per cent have a LinkedIn account.
“Businesses can engage with their customers on social media by starting conversations with them, posting information of value to them and providing great customer service,” Mottershead concludes.Follow @mybusinessau on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Register now to receive the FREE weekly My Business Headlines e-newsletter, which every Tuesday morning delivers all the latest news for SMEs straight to your inbox. Find out why you should join the SME Association of Australia now.
Government news for business
To get on top of the threat, click here to access a Symantec.cloud White Paper and discover:
- The top 6 security trends SMBs need to protect yourselves against
- A Security Essentials checklist - the essential security controls required to cover these threats
- How Cloud Security services can offer significant benefits in security your business
Most popular stories
- Interview: Ruslan Kogan on social media, entrepreneurship and how startups can succeed
- My Business iPad and iPhone app now has four issues free!
- Announcement: Finalists in the 2011 ActionCOACH My Business Awards
- 2014 My Business Awards: How to Enter
- Facebook launches Small Business Accelerator Program