Subscribe online for mybusiness
My Business contains fresh,
easy-to-read articles, money-making
tips and expert advice.
Sign up for our E Newsletter
Our free, weekly newsletter brings you the best of this site, plus giveaways and other fun. Sign-up now and receive every digital edition in 2014 of My Business FOR FREE!
Improving the greatest asset in your business
In an increasingly competitive and dynamic marketplace, ongoing education is one way to mitigate risks associated with a changing market and ensure business sustainability, growth and relevance.
The Graduate Certificate in Small Business Management at Charles Sturt University (CSU) has been designed especially for small business operators. The online course consists of four subjects: Marketing, HR, Strategy, and one elective.
CSU has developed a strong industry alliance and partnered with the National Australia Bank (NAB), Australian Dental Industry Association (ADIA) and the NSW Business Chamber. NAB is offering three scholarships to cover full tuition to complete the Graduate Certificate in Small Business Management. Visit www.nab.com.au/csuscholarship for more information.
Feedback from current students studying the course indicates the utility of the course in helping them to increase business performance.
“I was looking for a university qualification as I believed it would be more in-depth than a TAFE course,” explains current CSU student Amanda White. “I wanted to challenge myself and as I have quite a strong business background I did not want to be learning things I already knew.
“I have gained confidence in my ability, and after completing Marketing for Small Business I feel I have a much better understanding of this subject that will greatly assist with running our business.”
For more information on the Graduate Certificate in Small Business Management click here. On time applications close October 31, 2012; taking the first step to invest in you has never been easier.
Government news for business
To get on top of the threat, click here to access a Symantec.cloud White Paper and discover:
- The top 6 security trends SMBs need to protect yourselves against
- A Security Essentials checklist - the essential security controls required to cover these threats
- How Cloud Security services can offer significant benefits in security your business
Most popular stories
- Interview: Ruslan Kogan on social media, entrepreneurship and how startups can succeed
- My Business iPad and iPhone app now has four issues free!
- Announcement: Finalists in the 2011 ActionCOACH My Business Awards
- 2014 My Business Awards: How to Enter
- Facebook launches Small Business Accelerator Program