Subscribe online for mybusiness
My Business contains fresh,
easy-to-read articles, money-making
tips and expert advice.
Sign up for our E Newsletter
Our free, weekly newsletter brings you the best of this site, plus giveaways and other fun. Sign-up now and receive every digital edition in 2014 of My Business FOR FREE!
My Business July 2012 issue out now
The July 2012 print issue of My Business is hot off the printing press and filled with loads of informative content to help aspiring SMEs grow their business. Our new issue will hit newsstands later this week.
Here’s a brief snapshot of what you can read about in our latest issue.
* The Carbon Tax and you: How to minimise the impact on your business: With the ever-controversial Carbon Tax in place as of July 1, My Business brings you a thorough breakdown of the new tax and explains how it will impact your business and the steps you can take to minimise that impact through smart energy use.
* Small Business Support Line: Justin Grey looks at how the Federal Government’s Small Business Support Line can help you by answering those business questions that are keeping you awake at night.
* Mark Bouris asks you: Why the hell are you in business?: Is your business motivation and drive on the wane and you need a pick me up? This rousing excerpt from Mark Bouris will give you all the inspiration you need to refocus on succeeding in business.
* How to get the most of out your travel budget: With the cost of travel continuing to rise, Andrea O’Driscoll looks at some of the key things to consider when drawing up an economically sound travel policy.
* Hot tips for winnnig government tenders: In this extract from his recently published book, long-serving government Tender Evaluation Panel member Maurice Downing offers SMEs advice on how they access – and win – lucrative government contracts.
* Virtualisation the new frontier: Charles Clarke explains how virtualisation can be leveraged by SMEs to securely back-up and recover their data.
* 2012 My Business Awards: As the 2012 ActionCOACH My Business Awards edge closer, we take a look at some of the prizes that the winners in the various categories will receive – each to the value of $5,000.
* How to hire, manage and motivate Gen Y: Gen Y-er Jon Tse explains how you can best hire, manage and motivate your 17 to 31 year old employees.
* SMEAA Member Profile: SME Association of Australia Member Stephen Inouye of Perth-based Veritas Engineering explains how he is kicking goals in the project engineering management services game.
Keep a keen eye out for the July 2012 issue My Business on newsstands in the coming days – or in your letterbox if you subscribe.@mybusinessau on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Register now to receive the FREE weekly My Business Headlines e-newsletter, which every Tuesday morning delivers all the latest news for SMEs straight to your inbox. Find out why you should join the SME Association of Australia.
Government news for business
To get on top of the threat, click here to access a Symantec.cloud White Paper and discover:
- The top 6 security trends SMBs need to protect yourselves against
- A Security Essentials checklist - the essential security controls required to cover these threats
- How Cloud Security services can offer significant benefits in security your business
Most popular stories
- Interview: Ruslan Kogan on social media, entrepreneurship and how startups can succeed
- My Business iPad and iPhone app now has four issues free!
- Announcement: Finalists in the 2011 ActionCOACH My Business Awards
- Facebook launches Small Business Accelerator Program
- 2013 ActionCOACH My Business Awards: How to Enter