Subscribe online for mybusiness
My Business contains fresh,
easy-to-read articles, money-making
tips and expert advice.
Sign up for our E Newsletter
Our free, weekly newsletter brings you the best of this site, plus giveaways and other fun. Sign-up now and receive every digital edition in 2014 of My Business FOR FREE!
NBN Co. launches first business-specific network enhancement
NBN for Business will allow service providers to offer businesses the ability to run up to 50 voice services over the fibre network and offers extended levels of support for internet service providers, such as seven-day-a-week service and a one-hour response time to incidents.
“NBN for Business offers service providers the tools to tailor packages for businesses, allowing them to make use of a host of new digital tools to increase productivity and maintain their competitive edge,” Jim Hassell, Head of Product Development and Sales for NBN Co, explains.
“By embracing new technologies, Australian businesses can become more agile and responsive to their customers’ needs, potentially lower their operating costs and open up new markets.”
The new offering has been greeted enthusiastically by the communications industry, with Internode, iiNet, M2/iPrimus, and Macquarie Telecom confirming they will be among the first telecommunications providers to offer business-specific services using the NBN for Business enhancements.
Winning over the public
While the government has been besieged with public alarm surrounding the cost of the NBN, through a series of research studies the NBN Co. claims that:
• KPMG estimates that cloud computing over the NBN could increase the size of the Australian economy by $3.32 billion per annum within a decade.
• Deloitte Access Economics estimated that the direct contribution of the internet to the Australian economy was approximately $50 billion a year, projected to grow to over $70 billion a year by 2016.
• Access Economics says if 10 per cent of Australian employees were to telework every second day, total annual productivity gains would be in the order of $1.4 billion to $1.9 billion per year by reducing commute times, office space and staff turnover.
For more more information about NBN for Business visit www.nbnco.com.au/business.Follow @mybusinessau on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
Register now to receive the FREE weekly My Business Headlines e-newsletter, which every Tuesday morning delivers all the latest news for SMEs straight to your inbox. Find out why you should join the SME Association of Australia.
Government news for business
To get on top of the threat, click here to access a Symantec.cloud White Paper and discover:
- The top 6 security trends SMBs need to protect yourselves against
- A Security Essentials checklist - the essential security controls required to cover these threats
- How Cloud Security services can offer significant benefits in security your business
Most popular stories
- Interview: Ruslan Kogan on social media, entrepreneurship and how startups can succeed
- 2014 My Business Awards: How to Enter
- My Business iPad and iPhone app now has four issues free!
- Announcement: Finalists in the 2011 ActionCOACH My Business Awards
- Facebook launches Small Business Accelerator Program