Subscribe online for mybusiness
My Business contains fresh,
easy-to-read articles, money-making
tips and expert advice.
Sign up for our E Newsletter
Our free, weekly newsletter brings you the best of this site, plus giveaways and other fun. Sign-up now and receive every digital edition in 2014 of My Business FOR FREE!
World Best Business Decision Competition launched
Launched in early August, the World Best Business Decision Competition aims to build a databank of decisions that will be made available to entrepreneurs globally so that the next time they need to make an important business decision around any area of their business they can first learn from the hindsight of other budding entrepreneurs.
This virtuous initiative is backed by serial Aussie entrepreneur Creel Price, pictured right, who co-founded Blueprint Management Group at aged 25 with just $5,000 in capital and sold it within a decade for over $100 million. Price attributes much of his success to his ability to making good, effective decisions over the course of his career in business, and through the World Best Business Decision Competition he is now on a mission to create a platform for other entrepreneurs to do the same.
As an incentive to increase participation from business owners in the burgeoning days of the online resource, over $40,000 in prizes are up for grabs to entrepreneurs and would-be entrepreneurs who share their business experience and advice on the website before midnight on Sunday September 30. The person who registers the best overall business decision on the website will receive an ultimate growth adventure to the Branson Centre of Entrepreneurship in South Africa, valued at $8,500.
Follow @mybusinessau on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.Register now to receive the FREE weekly My Business Headlines e-newsletter, which every Tuesday morning delivers all the latest news for SMEs straight to your inbox. Find out why you should join the SME Association of Australia.
Government news for business
To get on top of the threat, click here to access a Symantec.cloud White Paper and discover:
- The top 6 security trends SMBs need to protect yourselves against
- A Security Essentials checklist - the essential security controls required to cover these threats
- How Cloud Security services can offer significant benefits in security your business
Most popular stories
- Interview: Ruslan Kogan on social media, entrepreneurship and how startups can succeed
- My Business iPad and iPhone app now has four issues free!
- 2014 My Business Awards: How to Enter
- Announcement: Finalists in the 2011 ActionCOACH My Business Awards
- Facebook launches Small Business Accelerator Program