Most people struggle to run one business. Jacob Ohlson currently has two businesses – wellbeing clinic Cryo and Powernet IT Solutions, having run the latter for more than two decades, since the tender age of 17.
But with technology changing rapidly, the service offering and knowledge base of Powernet IT Solutions and its founder have never remained static.
“20 years ago, I knew everything … today, there are so many different types of technology, nobody can be a master of everything,” he says.
Sharing his incredible story on the My Business Podcast, Jacob discusses:
• How he has retained his first two customers for 22 years
• The lessons learnt with the benefit of hindsight over those 22 years
• His innovative approach to changing things when he stopped enjoying his work
• What he has taken away from spending time with Sir Richard Branson
And more!Listen to other instalments of the My Business Podcast:
Episode 14: The working mum transforming a global product chain
Episode 12: Navigating your best routes to market
Episode 11: Expert tips for getting your marketing right
Episode 10: Tips for qualifying new business leads
Episode 9: How I structure a 90-hour working week
Episode 8: How to negotiate better payment terms
Episode 7: The most important part of making a sale
Episode 6: The most common trait of successful businesses
Episode 5: The do’s and don’ts of managing cash flow
Episode 4: How to avoid getting bogged down in managing staff
- Analysis: Is your messaging really saying what you want?
By Adam Zuchetti
- Long overdue increase to the small business turnover threshold
By Andrew Conway
- The effect of culture on customer service
By Steve Simpson