Subscribe online for mybusiness
My Business contains fresh,
easy-to-read articles, money-making
tips and expert advice.
Sign up for our E Newsletter
Our free, weekly newsletter brings you the best of this site, plus giveaways and other fun. Sign-up now and receive a free digital edition of My Business.
Microsoft's new 'mouse without borders'
Story by "Justin Grey" | September 23, 2011, 12:53 PM
If your business is still small enough that you don't have a server and you want to share a file with a colleague, you probably email it.
Your probably shouldn't - Windows has a feature called shared folders that let you move files across a network. But shared folders - let's be blunt - suck. They're just not much fun and can get pretty frustrating. Lots of people revert to email or schlep USB sticks around the office as a result.
Microsoft has just done something about that with a new, free, tool called 'Mouse without Borders'. You can get it here.
The program lets you use your mouse on your own PC - and on up to three others on the same network. You can even drag a file from your PC to another.
You can see Mouse without Borders at work in the video below. It even has a decent back story - its creator is a Vietnamese immigrant to the USA.
Government news for business
To get on top of the threat, click here to access a Symantec.cloud White Paper and discover:
- The top 6 security trends SMBs need to protect yourselves against
- A Security Essentials checklist - the essential security controls required to cover these threats
- How Cloud Security services can offer significant benefits in security your business
Most popular stories
- Interview: Ruslan Kogan on social media, entrepreneurship and how startups can succeed
- My Business iPad and iPhone app now has four issues free!
- Announcement: Finalists in the 2011 ActionCOACH My Business Awards
- Facebook launches Small Business Accelerator Program
- 2013 ActionCOACH My Business Awards: How to Enter