Subscribe online for mybusiness
My Business contains fresh,
easy-to-read articles, money-making
tips and expert advice.
Sign up for our E Newsletter
Our free, weekly newsletter brings you the best of this site, plus giveaways and other fun. Sign-up now and receive every digital edition in 2014 of My Business FOR FREE!
Take the ‘virtual leap’ towards real savings for your business
Story by "Justin Grey" | August 1, 2012, 11:28 AM
An NBN environment will soon see VoIP (Voice over IP) becoming the default phone option and this has spurred many businesses to begin taking the ‘virtual leap’ towards high-quality, feature-rich VoIP or hosted/virtual PBX solutions.
Instead of using a traditional landline, VoIP delivers your calls over an internet connection and offers more features and flexibility along with lower rental and set-up fees.
A hosted/virtual PBX phone system also eliminates the frustrations of limited lines and inflexibility of traditional PBXs to accommodate the changing needs of growing businesses. Plus, because it is a pure digital service, the voice quality is often much better than a traditional landline with a good internet connection.
Most providers offer the ability to manage your virtual PBX via an Online Portal, which means you can also say goodbye to unnecessary maintenance costs and the need to call a technician every time you want to make a change to your system. A virtual solution gives control of the phone system back to its rightful owner – you.
Businesses that have taken the ‘virtual leap’ towards next-generation solutions such as VoIP have reported savings of up to 60 per cent. Isn’t it time you did too?
And importantly, be sure to look for a VoIP provider that offers number porting. This means you can bring your existing phone numbers across into ‘the cloud’ without worrying about having to distribute and advertise a new number.
MyNetFone is Australia’s leading provider of hosted voice and data communications services for residential, business and enterprise users. For more information, visit www.mynetfone.com.au/business or call 1300 923 771.
Government news for business
To get on top of the threat, click here to access a Symantec.cloud White Paper and discover:
- The top 6 security trends SMBs need to protect yourselves against
- A Security Essentials checklist - the essential security controls required to cover these threats
- How Cloud Security services can offer significant benefits in security your business
Most popular stories
- Interview: Ruslan Kogan on social media, entrepreneurship and how startups can succeed
- My Business iPad and iPhone app now has four issues free!
- Announcement: Finalists in the 2011 ActionCOACH My Business Awards
- Facebook launches Small Business Accelerator Program
- 2013 ActionCOACH My Business Awards: How to Enter