The moment you begin to follow your intuition in your life or in your business you begin to follow what truly makes you happy, writes Amir Zoghi.
Have you ever accomplished a goal, only to feel that same empty feeling that you started with, as though you had missed out? On the contrary, have you ever set a goal and found yourself experiencing a sense of fulfillment even before you accomplished it? What is the difference between these two very different experiences?
One goal is very dependent on an outcome “only”, whereas the other is not dependent on the outcome in the slightest. One is a goal that is derived from your head and the other is a goal that has surfaced from within your heart. A goal that is derived from the heart is one that presents itself from an existing sense of fulfillment, whereas the goal that is derived from the head is something that you’ve come up with in order take away the lack of fulfillment that you may be feeling in your life. Have you ever experienced pursuing a goal where you were no longer relying on the outcome of the goal to feel fulfilled, rather you’re experiencing being fulfilled on the journey or the pursuit of the goal? That’s a goal that you followed by using your intuition.
Why your intuition? Your intuition is the voice of your heart, it speaks only the language of possibilities, the possibilities of willing your deepest dreams within your heart into reality. The moment you begin to follow your intuition in your life or in your business you begin to follow what truly makes you happy. And furthermore you begin to experience a detachment from the results and that actually empowers the advancements that you’re making towards your goals.
What you need to understand about that inner feeling we call intuition is that your intuition comes only from your heart space, which is a space that is commonly known as love. In other words your intuition is most commonly guiding you towards the things that you love. And one thing you must understand about love is that it has no agendas. Fear on the other hand has many agendas. It has agendas of not missing out, of being the first, of not failing etc. You will notice that when you come from fear you are more concerned about the things in life that you want to avoid happening, or you’re more concerned about the things that you don’t have. You also become more concerned about the outcome and grow attachments to it.
This is what creates all the agendas and as a result creates that never ending chatter in your head, you know, all that inner dialogue or commentary that you have running in the background of your own head. It’s this inner dialogue that makes constant noise in your own head distracting you from the feelings of your own intuition. Everyone is an intuitive being; its just that so many people have forgotten how to feel it. Below are some simple steps towards feeling your intuition again and using your creative mind:
1. Stop! Find a moment when you can be still and take some deep slow breaths. Even if this is only for one minute at a time. Let go of your thoughts and just feel.
2. Ask yourself some “to the point” questions like
a) “Why am I driven to pursue the goals that I’m pursuing?
b) “Am I happy to do what I’m doing even if I were to not attain the outcome or results from what I do?
3. If you find that you have agendas in doing what you do then know it is not something that has come from your intuition or heart, but something that you have established in your head and therefore fear may be the driver of your goal. This will result in leaving you with that empty feeling that you started with when you began to pursue your goal.
4. Only follow the goals that are driven from the heart and you will become aware of that intuitive feeling guiding you on your journey in accomplishing them more effortlessly.
Amir Zoghi, renowned promoter of self-awareness teaches people how to listen to their intuition to achieve success and thrive in the business world.
- Technology, social media and the private life of employees
By Geoff Baldwin
- Managing troubled personal relationships in the workplace
By Adam Zuchetti
- Award-winning strategies for customer service
By Adam Zuchetti