Businesses all too often fall afoul of the ATO for deductions they try and push through. But others wind up paying more tax than they need to, accountant Alexander Laureti explains.
And given this end of financial year involves some major one-off changes, the odds of getting things wrong are high.
Alexander Laureti, of LMS Advisory, joins My Business editor Adam Zuchetti to give an accountant’s view on some of the key points impacting SMEs as we enter FY20, including:
- How businesses can legitimately lower their tax bill
- Where ATO investigators focus their scrutiny
- Impending changes in the new financial year
Adam Zuchetti is the editor of My Business, and has steered the publication’s editorial direction since early 2016.
- Australian manufacturers can create their own stimulus
- Here’s what separates success from the rest
By Adam Zuchetti
- 5 workplace trends to watch in 2020
By Nicole Gorton