An assistant commissioner at the ATO is set to join a My Business Live webcast next month, exploring strategies and solutions for addressing common cash flow problems for SMEs.
Andrew Watson, who heads up the small business experience division at the ATO, will be joined by Keith Payne, head of client development and customer success, ANZ, at expenses, travel and invoice management provider SAP Concur.
Both have a particular focus on assisting SMEs, and bring many years of experience and insights into the problems commonly afflicting smaller businesses, as well as ways to address these.
A third panellist will be confirmed shortly.
The webcast, to be moderated by My Business editor Adam Zuchetti and partnered by SAP Concur, will be broadcast live from My Business’ Sydney offices at 11am on Thursday, 21 November 2019. Registrations to join the webcast can be made through the My Business website.
Among the discussion points will be:
- how employee and business expenses can contribute to cash flow problems
- how businesses can plan for downtimes and overcome short-term cash flow shortages
- keeping track of invoices and outstanding monies owed
- the role digital technologies can play in allowing business owners to track their cash flow
In addition, viewers will be offered the chance to submit their questions to the panel in real time, and receive feedback on the issues of importance to them and their business.
The webcast has been timed ahead of the Christmas holiday period, which typically sees an influx of expenses coinciding with a slump in incoming revenues, particularly for non-seasonal businesses.
- Australian manufacturers can create their own stimulus
- Here’s what separates success from the rest
By Adam Zuchetti
- 5 workplace trends to watch in 2020
By Nicole Gorton