With the ATO now visiting about 10,000 Australian companies every year, should business owners have anything to fear? Does a drop in from the ATO mean you’re considered “dodgy”? ATO assistant commissioner Peter Holt speaks straight from the source.
Mr Holt joins My Business editor Adam Zuchetti in this episode of the My Business Podcast to share insights from the business visits program, dispel misconceptions around what employers can expect, and discuss the current trends in business compliance.
Tune in as Mr Holt reveals:
- Why the ATO is making such a big deal about the black economy
- What inspectors have discovered by visiting Aussie businesses
- What the Tax Office really thinks about discounts for cash payments
Plus lots more!
- Australian manufacturers can create their own stimulus
- Here’s what separates success from the rest
By Adam Zuchetti
- 5 workplace trends to watch in 2020
By Nicole Gorton