If you’re running a business in NSW, there are a number of government grants you could be eligible for, depending the on the type of business you’re running, your location, the stage your business is in and various other factors.
A full list of grants can be accessed on the NSW Government website here. For help or guidance, try the NSW government’s free Business Concierge service.
Or, read on to find out more about some specific grant categories that are available.
- For Start-Ups, the Minimum Viable Product grant, which supports promising businesses that have not generated any income yet, including for those in the research and development (R&D) phase. To learn more visit the Support for Startups page on the NSW government website.
- Women in business may be eligible for a number of grants in NSW. See here for more details.
- There’s also support for Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander entrepreneurs and business owners via the Indigenous Business Australia (IBA) program, which offers advice, training and finance to help entrepreneurs and business owners with an Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander background boost their ventures.
- And, if your business is located in a regional area, there may be specific grants that are available to you. Have a look here for eligibility and other information.
- If you've been directly impacted by storms and floods, you may be eligible for a flood disaster recovery grant to help with costs like clean-up. For more information on what grants are currently available, visit the Service NSW website.