As of midnight Saturday, South Australia’s stay-at-home order will be lifted after it was found that the state was plunged into lockdown based on a lie a man had told to contact tracers.
“The lie was the person claimed that they had purchased a pizza from the pizza shop, where in fact they were working there and had been working there for several shifts,” South Australia’s Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said.
“That clearly changes the circumstances, and had this person been truthful to the contact tracing teams, we would not have gone into a six-day lockdown.”
As such, SA Premier Steven Marshall announced that as of midnight Saturday, the state will be reverting to a series of restrictions, similar to the ones that were imposed at the beginning of the week, including:
- Premises will be restricted to a density of one person per 4 square metres and limited to 100 people.
- Table bookings will be capped at 10.
- Funerals will have an allowance of 50 people and weddings will return to an allowance of 150 with no dancing allowed.
- Religious ceremonies will be restricted to 100 people.
- Private gatherings will be restricted to 50 people.
- Gatherings in private residences will be restricted to 10 people.
- Seated consumption is required across all venues that provide consumption of food and beverage on premises.
- Personal care providers such as hairdressers and beauty therapists will be required to wear masks, and it’s still strongly encouraged that patrons of those facilities wear masks at the same time.
- Gyms will be able to open at the same time as these restrictions come into place midnight Saturday.
- Schools back on Monday morning.
“Just as we have acted immediately to put restrictions in place to keep South Australians safe, we are going to act to lift them much sooner than previously advised,” Mr Marshall said.
“I will not let the disgraceful conduct of a single individual to keep SA in these circuit breaker conditions one day longer than what is necessary.”