The LinkedIn Spotlight 2019 compiled a list of Australians who achieve the highest number of views by actively using the social platform to engage with others, which it said were garnered from “Australia’s top-growing industry sectors on LinkedIn — government, health and wellness, construction, higher education and hospital and healthcare”.
“We use members’ profile views, frequency of visits and contributions on LinkedIn from Jan to June 2019 to arrive at the list,” it said.
And rather than a who’s who list of celebrities and well-known business executives, most are business leaders and professionals simply going about their own professional lives.
For instance, one of those to make the list is Adelaide business owner Tracey Kitching. Ms Kitching, who operates Tracey’s Wellness Mojo, has accrued 7,638 followers.
She was joined by Perth-based Jane Issitt, the co-founder and director of building business Distinct Renovations, who is followed by 9,432 people.
“Many of the members featured are actively posting content about their work, asking for feedback from their community to help do their job better or engaging in conversations by sharing their perspectives,” LinkedIn’s managing director of Australia and New Zealand, Matt Tindale, said in a post announcing the list.
According to LinkedIn, the remaining people making up the list of most viewed and engaged Australians on the professional networking platform are:
- Uwe Aickelin, head of school, Computing and Information Systems, at the University of Melbourne (25,013 followers)
- Victor Dominello MP, NSW Minister for Customer Service (9,331 followers)
- Mick Hughes, a physiotherapist at The Melbourne Posts Medicine Centre (26,232 followers)
- Kate Jones MP, Queensland Minster for Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and Minister for the Commonwealth Games (8,973 followers)
- Kourosh Kalantar-Zadeh, director of the Centre of Advanced Solid and Liquid-based Electronics and Options at UNSW (8,382 followers)
- Dania Khawaja, surgical assistant at Renaissant Aesthetic Health (3,129 followers)
- Dr Raj Khillan, a pediatrician at Western Health (10,509 followers)
- Mohammad Yassin, Commissioner at the Victorian Multicultural Commission (12,146 followers)
- Dr Sandeep Reddy MMBS PhD, member and roster of Digital Health Experts at The WHO (6,770 followers)
- Bec Rowe, workplace wellness consultant at Pinnacle Health Group Australia (10,960 followers)
NB: Number of followers was accurate at the time of publishing, as stated by LinkedIn on the individuals' profile pages.