This award recognises the trades business that has most effectively capitalised on market opportunities and driven demonstrable business growth.
It includes all types of trades businesses, such as carpenters, plumbers, builders, electricians, concreters, scaffolders, plasterers, roofers and fencers. This also includes importers and wholesale suppliers within the trades industry.
It is open to all businesses that have been trading for at least two full financial years, and is based on activities in the 2015-16 financial year.
To be eligible for this award, the business needs to have 200 employees or fewer as of 30 June 2016 and be registered in Australia (or respective state/territory) as a sole trader, a partnership, or an incorporated or listed business.
Submission criteria and requirements
Please answer the following questions (400 words max per question):
- Outline your product or service, distribution, customer base, pricing and approach to customer service.
- Detail the market potential for your business and the process for scaling/expanding it.
- Outline your unique selling points/competitive advantages and how they translate into market dominance.
- Demonstrate any unique innovation (or innovations) that has shaped your business –not just in terms of financial gains.
- Detail how you have funded the business, including any capital raising and the process to secure this, or the use of financial products and services (such as cash flow finance).
- Highlight how you promote a culture of people empowerment in your business.
Please attach two references, testimonials or other sources of information (such as any financial or business metrics and/or statements, with supporting documentation such as audited statements and third-party independent data reports) to support your nomination.
To start your application, click here.