How do you spend more time on what you enjoy in business and less on managing your employees? One SME owner shares her methods in the latest instalment of the My Business Podcast.
“I worked out … that about 80 per cent of my time was spent on managing people, and 20 per cent of my time was on the work. But for me to feel fulfilled and driven and optimistic, I need to be doing that work 100 per cent of the time,” says Sascha Moore, founder of Create Design & Marketing.
It’s a problem common to many business owners: they get so bogged down in managing people and problems that there is very little time left to do what they are good at – the very reason they got into business.
Sascha sits down with the My Business Podcast crew to discuss:
• How she is eliminating HR from her daily schedule
• The ways in which she leverages her network to generate new business
• Why she seizes opportunities without regard for the consequences
- Too many SMEs are making this mistake
By Adam Joy
- Taking digitisation out of the ‘too hard’ basket for SMEs
By Jason Brouwers
- The insanity of consumer expectations
By Jason Dooris