Most people struggle to run one business. Jacob Ohlson currently has two businesses – wellbeing clinic Cryo and Powernet IT Solutions, having run the latter for more than two decades, since the tender age of 17.
But with technology changing rapidly, the service offering and knowledge base of Powernet IT Solutions and its founder have never remained static.
“20 years ago, I knew everything … today, there are so many different types of technology, nobody can be a master of everything,” he says.
Sharing his incredible story on the My Business Podcast, Jacob discusses:
• How he has retained his first two customers for 22 years
• The lessons learnt with the benefit of hindsight over those 22 years
• His innovative approach to changing things when he stopped enjoying his work
• What he has taken away from spending time with Sir Richard Branson
And more!Listen to other instalments of the My Business Podcast:
Episode 47: The cost of a new website revealed: Tim Barnett, 2BInteractive
Episode 46: The underutilised resource for business betterment: Paul Cave, BridgeClimb
Episode 45: Jules Peacock & Amajjika Kumara, Lily Jackson Hair & Makeup: A sneak peak into the business behind Sydney’s best hairdresser
Episode 44: Paul Cave, BridgeClimb: the best ever story of perseverance
Episode 43: Natasha Chadwick, Synovum Care Group
Episode 42: Steve Hughes, Mood Media Australia
Episode 41: Finding a partnership between digital and physical
Episode 40: SumoSalad CEO shares the secret to corporate social responsibility
Episode 39: Evolving innovation to suit your business needs
Episode 38: Lessons from a serial entrepreneur
- The relationship between perception and information
By Sascha Moore
- Does sponsorship provide a good return on investment?
By Steve Scanlan
- Getting workers to win the war against cyber crime
By Sean Duca