Becky Dyer, director of BB Pilates + Physio, discusses her approach to building a business and managing the back-of-house tasks that take her away from her core focus – the job.
When asked about working on her business, rather than in it, Becky says, “It’s always on the top of my to-do list, because I can’t stand doing that other stuff… it’s painful.
“I had an admin assistant helping me but she recently left, and I’ve decided to suck it up and do it myself.”
Becky’s struggles are all too familiar for every business owner, yet her outlook on where her priorities lie is a source of inspiration.
Speaking on the latest episode of the My Business Podcast, Becky discusses:
• Her approach to ‘upselling’ through offering value-add services
• How she is adding scale by taking her services business online
• Tips for building a business solely around a referral network
• Managing the challenge of working on a business when your heart lies with the job
Episode 46: The underutilised resource for business betterment: Paul Cave, BridgeClimb
Episode 45: Jules Peacock & Amajjika Kumara, Lily Jackson Hair & Makeup: A sneak peak into the business behind Sydney’s best hairdresser
Episode 44: Paul Cave, BridgeClimb: the best ever story of perseverance
Episode 43: Natasha Chadwick, Synovum Care Group
Episode 42: Steve Hughes, Mood Media Australia
Episode 41: Finding a partnership between digital and physical
Episode 40: SumoSalad CEO shares the secret to corporate social responsibility
Episode 39: Evolving innovation to suit your business needs
Episode 38: Lessons from a serial entrepreneur
Episode 37: Juggling product ideas with commercial realities
- The relationship between perception and information
By Sascha Moore
- Does sponsorship provide a good return on investment?
By Steve Scanlan
- Getting workers to win the war against cyber crime
By Sean Duca