It’s a problem so many of us face in the modern age of connectivity, and quite frankly, any new insights into dealing with the issue are most welcome.
Author: Angela Lockwood
RRP: Paperback: $27.95; eBook: $18.99
As an occupational therapist, Angela, has some great insights into what makes people tick.
According to the official blurb, the book explores practical ways to slow down when you feel overwhelmed and stressed, guiding you through how to:
- Choose how you use your time
- Stop feeling guilty for practising self-care
- Boost your energy and productivity levels
- Harness the power of perspective and focus
- Learn how to create an environment that supports your health and wellbeing
Much of the information covered in Switch Off: How to Find Calm in a Noisy World seems more about reinforcing common beliefs than groundbreaking ones, and the simple tone perhaps lends it more towards teenagers juggling their studies and sports.
Nevertheless, it’s useful to consider how the points raised in this book can be applied in your own life to achieve better outcomes.