An annual ranking of customer satisfaction with corporate Australia has revealed this year’s best-performing companies, including banks, telcos and retailers.
At its 2018 Customer Satisfaction Awards, held in Melbourne this week, Roy Morgan revealed which companies came up trumps over the past year within its regular Consumer Single Source Survey data.
Some 32 awards were handed out to businesses, which Roy Morgan CEO Michele Levine (pictured) said had “consistently outperformed their peers throughout 2018” on service excellence as voted by their customers.
There were seven first-time winners this year, including Heritage Bank (Bank of the Year), Kmart (Discount Department Store of the Year), Optus (Home Phone Provider of the Year), Kleenheat (Gas Provider of the Year) and Isuzu UTE (Car Manufacturer of the Year).
Others continued their winning streak from previous years. They included Commonwealth Bank being named Major Bank of the Year for the sixth time in a row, and Qantas making it four in a row in the Domestic Airline of the Year category.
The full list of winners is published below.
“The Australian awards reflect the experiences of some 50,000 consumers, as aggregated in our Single Source Survey over 12 months,” Ms Levine said.
“The 31 businesses honoured in [this year’s] awards come from diverse industries and include large multinationals as well as smaller more locally focused businesses, but all of last night’s award winners share one crucial characteristic: their unrivalled dedication to ensuring their customers are satisfied, and their success as rated by their customers.”
Roy Morgan also conducts an annual ranking of the country’s most trusted brands.
Customer Satisfaction Awards 2018 winners
- Bank of the Year: Heritage Bank
- Major Bank of the Year: Commonwealth Bank
- Building Society/Credit Union of the Year: People’s Choice Credit Union
- General Insurer of the Year: RACT
- Private Health Insurer of the Year: St.LukesHealth
- Risk & Life Insurer of the Year: Insuranceline
- Retail Super Fund of the Year: Macquarie
- Industry Super Fund of the Year: Catholic Super
- Auto Store of the Year: Autobarn
- Coffee Shop of the Year: Donut King
- Clothing Store of the Year: Rockmans
- Department Store of the Year: Myer
- Discount Department Store of the Year: Kmart
- Discount Variety Store of the Year: The Reject Shop
- Furniture/Electrical Store of the Year: Ikea
- Hardware Store of the Year: Bunnings
- Chemist/Pharmacy of the Year: Discount Drug Store
- Quick Service Restaurant of the Year: Fasta Pasta
- Liquor Store of the Year: Dan Murphy’s
- Shoe Store of the Year: Williams The Shoemen
- Sports Store of the Year: Rebel
- Supermarket of the Year: Foodland
- Home Phone Provider of the Year: Optus
- Home Broadband Service Provider of the Year: iiNet
- Mobile Handset Provider of the Year: Apple iPhone
- Mobile Phone Service Provider of the Year: Virgin
Travel and Tourism
- Domestic Airline of the Year: Qantas
- International Airline of the Year: Singapore Airlines
- Domestic Business Airline of the Year: Qantas
- Electricity Provider of the Year: Red Energy
- Gas Provider of the Year: Kleenheat
- Car Manufacturer of the Year: Isuzu UTE
Source: Roy Morgan
What businesses can learn from Sir Roger Bannister
By Adam Zuchetti
‘We had lost our way culturally’
By Adam Zuchetti
Ask the Experts: How can employers protect their own mental health?
By Adam Zuchetti