Dena Dillon is Managing Director of Piper Digital Marketing, the company which (among other things) helped launch the 4 Ingredients website, and has pulled together five tips tips for retailers to push sales online this Christmas.
1. Highlight your shipping policy - Shipping is one of the most influential factors in getting your customers to buy and free shipping has proven to be the biggest motivator for customers. If you can afford free shipping do it, and let your customers know about it. Eliminate delivery fear by clearly displaying your shipping cut off dates for Christmas Day.
2. Offer Gift Cards - Gifts cards are a great way to take the angst out of choosing the right gift and offer your customers a quick solution. What’s more, it is likely that when the receiver comes to your shop they will buy more.
3. Drench your products in the Christmas spirit – Promote your products as the perfect holiday gift by showcasing them with a Christmas inspired banner or promo area. Consider this area the modern day Christmas window.
4. Put yourself in the customer’s shoes - To take advantage of the increase in holiday traffic, double check your shopping processes by taking a journey through your shop right through to check out - just as your customer would. Ensure everything is running smoothly and is optimised for your customers.
5. Ensure your server can handle the traffic - The holiday period will bring sporadic spikes in traffic, which puts pressure on your server and the speed of your site. Speak with your hosting company to ensure you are using the right model to handle an influx of traffic.