Launched at the Australian Business Congress in Sydney yesterday, Australian Tradelinks combines a web portal of market information about supply chain links, trade documentation services and cross-border regulatory requirements, as well as an innovative export diagnostic tool called ExportCheck. Developed in conjunction with State and Territory Chambers of Commerce, the trade portal provides services and linkages to the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry (CACCI) and the business opportunities they offer.
“With an outward looking business community, services by business organisations that facilitate trade and trade matching will make our economy stronger and put ACCI and the Chamber of Commerce movement at the forefront of business leadership,” said ACCI CEO Peter Anderson. “The initiative will reduce the time and effort expended by Australian companies in seeking and securing commercial opportunities. It will also capture new opportunities and present them to Australian businesses.”
The Australian Tradelinks web portal includes:
- Market related information and linkages to market opportunities in a B2B sense.
- Information on export documentation and service providers to assist compliance with regulatory or legislative requirements, relating to the importation and exportation of goods and services into or out of Australia, including border clearance.
- Information on financial products such as letters of credit and service providers.
- Information on bilateral and multilateral agreements and how to take advantage of these.
- Information to support international trade by Australian companies (both inward and outward); and
- Information on international commercial dispute resolution to support businesses that are having difficulty in completion of transactions and payments.
Follow @mybusinessau on Twitter for breaking stories throughout the day.
- Too many SMEs are making this mistake
By Adam Joy
- Taking digitisation out of the ‘too hard’ basket for SMEs
By Jason Brouwers
- The insanity of consumer expectations
By Jason Dooris