Optimise Google My Business
Google My Business should be a focal point for any small business. It is free, easy to update, and can make a significant impact on SEO traffic.
• Before you can do anything, you must ensure you have claimed and verified your business, head over to Google My Business to get started.
• Be sure to fill out as much information as possible and include photos and videos to enhance your listing(s).
• Your category selection is super important. Be sure to choose the correct categories for your business.
• Ensure to ask existing clients/customers to review your business.
• Take the time to create questions and answers.
A well optimised Google My Business will ensure you dominate brand searches and maximise exposure for local searches within your area.
Bing has an equal service called Bing Places for Business which is often overlooked, head over to Bing Places for more information.
Provide fresh content
Search engines see websites as living, breathing entities. A dormant site left untouched for months or worse yet years on end will do you no favours in the eyes of Google. Creating fresh, relevant, and quality content will ensure you grow your organic search traffic. Here are a few simple ideas that will help get you going:
• Start a blog: Most website CMS’s will have an option to allow blogging. Develop content you know your users will find useful like guides, tutorials, industry news and opinion pieces. The possibilities are endless.
• Create and update FAQs: If people are asking questions offline, it's likely they are also asking the same questions online. Keeping an up to date FAQ page can be a great way to acquire new customers, close sales, and save time answering repetitive questions.
• Videos: You will be surprised how far you can get with a phone and some creativity. Videos have proven to be one of the most engaging mediums for content and using services like YouTube will allow you to publish them on your site for free!
Reach out to Indago Digital for more information on SEO.